Cookie Cutter Christmas Ornaments


I make Christmas ornaments every year for my kids and a few family members. It all started as making ornaments only for my kids, but then I started making two or three extra to give as gifts, and that has now grown into a yearly family Christmas Ornament Exchange!

It usually takes me lots of thought and planning to settle on just the right ornament to make. 
A few I've made in the past are Vintage Paper Ornaments,   Beach Ornaments with sand and shells from St. Augustine, Florida, a Flag of Ohio ornament, and Felt Snowman ornaments.






And last year I created ornaments using vintage cookie cutters.
I was in a beautiful little antique store and gift shop in Grove City, Ohio, and found a basket full of cookie cutters for $1.00 each.
I decided to use them to make little vintage – Victorian-looking ornaments.
I, of course, kept the old cookie cutters I didn't already have and added them to my collection.

A sampling of my vintage cookie cutters

To Make The Ornaments:
First I used a drill with a very small bit and made a hole in the top of each cookie cutter. This hole is for attaching a wire ornament hanger.

Cookie cutters and crafting supplies

Next, I used the cookie cutter to trace it's shape onto scrap booking paper. I then cut out the paper just a little smaller that the shape traced, and glued it onto the inside of the cookie cutter.

Trace the shape and cut out


Using many different embellishments such as beads, ribbons, glitter, miniature trees, buttons, and stickers, I decorated each cookie cutter.  Every Cookie Cutter ornament turned out a little different and unique.

Adding buttons, beads, and a mini Christmas tree

In the end, I found it very hard to choose only one for myself and ended up keeping 3 or 4!!
My daughter Alexis said to me “Mom, you can't keep them all”, haha.
Well, it did cross my mind!





A few finish ornaments.



Click here for more Holiday Ideas



Hope you're having a joyful and pleasant Christmas season full of love, laughter, and craftiness,

Elizabeth




Other Posts:















No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you so please leave a comment.

Thanks!